Monday, August 23, 2010

Are You Diabetic?

What should attitude be went you learn you are biabetic? There is really only one answer to this question, acceptance. There is nothing you can do now to prevent diabetes, you have it so now what? Many doctors are so busy they do not have time to educate you about diabetes so you will have to research and learn all you can about how to manage your diabetes. There is a great deal to learn and more information comes out almost daily. One of the best sources I have found is the American Diabetes Association. It is free to join and with the help of your computer you can read and study about diabetes and the best ways to take care of yourself. One point I would stress is to work at getting the best advice possible and listen and take action. I did not listen and it has taken me many years to correct mistakes I made. Some results of these mistakes can not be corrected. I have had 5 operations on my left eye and two operations on my right eye. I can not see in the dark and my depth precetion is shot. I am developing tunnel vision. As a result I do not drive and have not driven for over 5 years, my wife, bless her heart takes me with her if we need to go some place.

I have other problems as a result of a poor attitude and I will write about that at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment